Sliding Shower Doors for Your Austin Bathroom
Looking for new sliding shower doors for your Austin bathroom? Contact the shower door/shower glass experts at Shower Doors of Austin today to learn more about how we can provide you with the perfect sliding shower doors for your home or business.
Our professionals want to help you find the perfect sliding shower doors for your needs. Whether framed or frameless shower doors, we want to help you pick the best sliding shower doors for your unique lifestyle.
Whether business or personal, we provide sliding shower doors all throughout the Austin area. Contact Shower Doors of Austin today to learn more about your free estimate.
What to Consider When Choosing the Perfect Shower Door for Your Home or Business
There are three things you need to think about as you start looking for a perfect shower door for your home or business:
- Dimensions and Measurements
- Frame Design
- Shower Door Types
The dimensions and measurements of your bathroom are the most important measurements you'll take while deciding on the perfect shower door for your home or business. Figuring out the relative size of your bathroom and how much room you have for a shower door will help in the decisions on what type of shower door you would like to install and what frame option will work best for your space.
If your shower is frameless, the shower door will likely be mounted with hardware.
Knowing the type of shower frame that is available to you will help you choose what style door you are looking for. There are three styles to choose from:
- Sliding shower doors
- Hinged shower doors
- Pivoting shower doors
- Sliding shower doors are also known as bypass doors and are made of two large glass sheets that slide back and forth along a track. This type of shower door is used for large openings. If the opening of your shower is larger than 36-inches, this might be the best option for you.
- Hinged shower doors are swing doors that operate like traditional doors in your home. Hinges are placed along the outer edge of your glass bathroom door and attached to the frame or mounted on your shower wall.
- Pivoting shower doors are swinging shower doors that are attached at the top and the bottom of the glass, which allows the door to pivot off the top and bottom frame.
- Hinged shower doors and pivoting shower doors are perfect for shower openings that are too small to accommodate sliding shower doors, openings of 36-inches, or smaller.
Once you have considered these three options, you can start looking for the perfect shower doors for your bathroom in earnest. Our professionals at Shower Doors of Austin want to help you find the perfect shower doors for your home or business. Call us today to get a consultation and start in on finding the shower doors of your dreams.